Presentation Folders - 9"x12" (letter) - 6"x9" (half) - 9"x14.5" (legal) (Presentation Folders)
What is a Presentation Folder?:
A presentation folder is a non-rigid folder that can hold inserts such as catalogs, letters, contracts, carbonless forms and any other type of documents that should be kept together and as a unit. These folders are usually made out of beautiful coverstock materials, printed either on the outside or both the outside and the inside.
When a company is providing an estimate for a job, or when a purchase of a valuable good has taken place, a presentation folder is usually the tool used to secure the documents.
The printing is used to provide identity and advertising to whoever is in possession of a presentation folder.
In order to be able to hold the documents without those falling, it is customary to have two pockets built into the folder.
To reinforce identity and provide contact information, a slit is usually made available to insert standard-size business cards.
These folders do not have rings.
Printing Options for Presentation Folders:
The most common printing method is curently full color printing with a coating on top of the printing. The options of what sits on top of the ink are many and range from traditional shiny UV coatings, to matte silky-feeling coatings, foil applications to 3-D raised UV.
Years ago the most common printing options requested were a one-PMS color, but our current modern technology makes it trendier, nicer and more appealing to print in full color.
Standard Sizes of Presentation Folders:
The mores pospular sizes are those that accomodate the documents that are most commonly handled:
To keep letter-size documents, 8.5"x11", the size of the folder is 9"x12".
To keep half-letter-size documents, 5.5"x8.5", the size of the folder is 6"x9".
To keep legal-size documents, 8.5"x14.0", the size of the folder is 9"x14.5".
There are many other custom sizes that serve specific uses, such as small folders or six-panel folders as well
Presentation Folders as Marketing Tools:
The documents inserted into presentation folders are usually important and it is expected that they will be kept for a long time. Since the size of the folders is large, people can easily find them and thanks to the branding that can be printed, easily distinguishable.
The long term marketing value of presentation folders is very high, espercially for certain trades such as construction, legal services, acquisition of valuable goods, as examples.
Business Trades that Benefit from Presentation Folders?:
- Every business usually creates stationery with their brand, envelopes, documents. Presentation folders are a must.
- Real Estate developers, Realtors® , open house events, and more.
- Senior Living Facilities / Long Term Care. The decision to hire a facility to take care of a loved one is quite tough so when the facility can reasure the family about their dedication and support it with documents, the presentation folder is crucial to generate trust.
- Wedding Planners: Planning a wedding is the most fun and at the same time, the most traumatic experience new couples can go through. When the wedding planner provides a presentation folder with organized documentation and all of what is required for THE day, everything goes smoother!
- Catering Service: Clients of catering services want to be reassured about the level of service that the vendor is committed to.